Reference Desk Chromebook Procedures
Take customer’s WPL borrower’s card (in good standing; no temporary or web only cards) and photo ID. If a child wants to check out a chromebook but does not have ID, send him or her to the Children’s Desk.
- Choose a chromebook from the cabinet. Make sure it is charged.
- Open the chromebook log on Refdesk1, and enter the customer’s name and library card barcode, ID info, chromebook number or color and date and time out.
- Using the chromebook’s barcode, check it out to the customer in Horizon.
- Make a note that the chromebook is out and when it is expected back. Turn this over to the next person on the desk if your shift ends before the chromebook is returned.
- Check in chromebook through Horizon.
- Put chromebook in cabinet and plug it in.
- Enter time in in the log.
- At opening time, open the cabinet from the back and charge the chromebooks.
- When starting your refdesk shift, check the chromebook log to see if any chromebooks are out, and when they are supposed to be returned.
- At closing time, unplug the chromebooks and lock the cabinet.