Rules of Conduct
RULES OF CONDUCT FOR LIBRARIES
THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES ARE IN VIOLATION OF LIBRARY RULES:
- Eating in areas outside the café and drinking from containers without lids, except at library approved activities.
- Playing of audio equipment so that others can hear
- Bringing animals into the library except for bona-fide service animals or by pre-arrangement with the Library Director.
- Misusing the restrooms (i.e. using as a laundry or washing facility)
- Leaving a child under the age of 8 unattended in the library without the supervision of an adult
- Talking loudly, making noise, or engaging in other disruptive conduct
- Interfering with another person’s use of the library or with library personnel’s performance of their duties
- Personal grooming, including hair and nail care, outside of restrooms.
SHOES AND SHIRTS MUST BE WORN.
THE FOLLOWING BEHAVIORS ARE IN VIOLATION OF LIBRARY RULES AND MAY ALSO RESULT IN CRIMINAL PROSECUTION:
- Carrying a weapon into the library by persons other than law enforcement officers
- Damaging library property
- Theft or unauthorized use of library materials
- Threatening or physically harming staff or patrons
VIOLATIONS OF LIBRARY RULES WILL RESULT IN A WARNING FOLLOWED BY EXPULSION FROM THE LIBRARY FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE DAY. REPEATED VIOLATIONS OVER A PERIOD OF MORE THAN TWO DAYS MAY RESULT IN EXPULSION FROM THE LIBRARY FOR A LONGER PERIOD. AN APPEAL PROCESS FOR LONG-TERM EXPULSION IS AVAILABLE.
Adopted by the NJLA Executive Board, December 15, 1992
Adopted by the Willingboro Public Library Board of Trustees, March 8, 1995
Revised by the Willingboro Public Library Board of Trustees, Sept. 21, 2016